A brief summary of the Patterns Day in Brighton
- Laura Elizabeth: Design systems are hard, that’s why they are only useful to create if the need exceeds the effort.
- Ellen De Vries: The story is what holds everything together.
- Sarah Heidani: When adding a new pattern variation to your CSS, ask yourself if that is really needed. To keep your CSS manageable keep your variations to a minimum.
- Rachel Andrew: If a pattern library is not a living thing, you might as well not have it.
- Paul Robert Lloyd: Ask yourself who your design system serves. Is it an internal thing to keep the owners happy, or does it look to the future?
- Alla Kolmatova: The right [pattern library] system for you is not someone else’s.